Zinc phosphates provide a corrosion resistant base for paint and a crystalline structure for oil absorption. When selecting a zinc phosphate it is important to consider the following:
- Application – cold forming, extruding, wire processing, tube drawing, etc.
- Coating weight requirement – 500 – 3000 mg/ft2
- Crystalline structure
- Corrosion resistant requirements
- Post treatment requirement – wax, oil, lubricant, etc.
Torch offers a comprehensive and innovative line of phosphate coating technologies that offer significant Process, Energy & Environmental advantages. A complete line of coatings designed for corrosion resistance, cold forming lubrication, break-in, pre-paint treatments & rubber bonding.
TCJ Zinc Phosphates
“Heavy” zinc phosphates designed to provide the ultimate performance in corrosion protection for Phos & Oil and Dip Spin Applications.
- Low Temperature Operation: As low as 140°f
- Nickel Free
- Ultra Low Sludging: Up to 75% less than traditional heavy zinc phosphates
- Versatile: Coating Weight Ranges from 500 mg/ft2 to > 2000 mg/ft2
- Performance: Meets automotive & military specifications
Micron MC Phosphates
A family of microcrystalline zinc phosphates designed for cold forming, extruding, tube drawing and wire processing applications.
- Durable: withstands the most severe deformation and drawing jobs.
- Grain Structure: provides a dense, uniform, tight micro crystalline grain that is an ideal carrier for subsequent coatings of Soap Lube or Poly Lube polymer coatings.
- Available with Nickel or Nickel Free formulations.
Micron MP Phosphates
A microcrystalline family of zinc phosphates used to improve adhesion and salt spray performance of paints and coatings. Automotive, Military, Appliance, Furniture & General Industry.
- Lower Temperature Operation
- Reduced Sludging and Waste
- Multi Metal Capabilities: Ferrous, Zinc Galvanize, Aluminum
- Uniform tight grain crystals: 2-10 micron
- Immersion & Spray Applications
- Maximum Adhesion & Corrosion resistance