Metal Finishing Equipment
Plating barrels are designed to accommodate large volumes of parts and high levels of production. Specialized barrels can also be used in non-plating metal finishing operations such as phosphating, black oxiding and parts cleaning. There are many styles, materials and options available to help maximize the productivity of a barrel. Please consider the following information when requesting a quote:
- Chemical parameters – type of chemistry, operating temperature, volt/amperage requirements
- Perforation size – dependent on the size of the parts
- Style – hexagonal or round
- Size – diameter and length (inside dimensions)
- Door style and closure – clamps, knob closure, center lock, slide-lock, etc.
- Motorized or tank driven
- Options – such as tumbling bars, partitions, custom contacts, dimpled interior, etc.
If replacing an existing barrel, include the manufacturer of the barrel along with the information listed above. Measuring a barrel correctly is critical, so a JSA technical sales representative can come in and help confirm the exact dimensions prior to placing an order.
Request a Quote
Request Technical or Safety Datasheet
The most common high production barrel sizes are as follows:
- Barrel Diameters in inches – 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 & 24
- Barrel Length in inches (distance between inside walls) – 24, 30, 36, 42, 38, 60
When ordering new barrels it is suggested that an existing superstructure be sent to the barrel manufacturer to ensure the new barrels fit properly. The extra shipping cost is minimal compared to the importance of getting it right.