Manganese phosphates are typically used as break-in coatings or on parts that require improved wear resistance, such as pistons, gears, bolts, cams, pinions and firearm components. When selecting a manganese phosphate it is important to consider the following:
- Application – break-in, wear resistance, lubricity, etc.
- Coating weight requirement – 500 – 3000 mg/ft2
- Corrosion resistant requirements
- Post treatment requirement – wax, oil, lubricant, etc.
Lube Coat MG
Lube Coat MG products provide a dense durable crystal structure to absorb subsequent lubricating oils to prevent galling and seizing. Meet automotive and military specifications.
- MIL-DTL-16232 Type M
- Available in a wide range of coating weights and thicknesses
- Optional use of Toner MG to refine the crystal morphology
- High Resistance to iron associated problems
- Reduces friction and wear
- Available with Nickel or Nickel-Free